Monday, August 13, 2007

Day 638: Of Deep Throat, Eggz, and Rooftops.


I'm not 14, I don't wear a bikini, I don't weigh 100 pounds and this is not my house. Who cares - you get the idea!

Unfortunately, just ditching the weed again has not been enough to make the pounds magically melt away.

Apparently, there needs to be dieting as well.

Even worse, I have learned (from a high-ranking government source I refuse to name, so don't even try) that there's been all kinds of research into this newfangled weight loss theory known as "egg-zer-size" (my source will only speak to me through a handkerchief over the phone, so I have no choice but to use phonetic spelling). I'm told this "eggzersizing" is required if one ever plans to: a) eat like a halfway normal person, and b) permanently keep weight off.

Don't you just hate the way government wastes our tax dollars? I mean, seriously, I could have told them this before they spent billions on research. You see, I've gained back half of the weight I lost by eating like a fool and sitting on my ass. There's your research, Uncle Sam!

On a more terrifying (and only slightly less obnoxious) note, I am returning to Weight Watchers this morning at 9:30 to face what will be unbearably bad music. I won't post the results because it will be far too demoralizing, but will definitely post next Monday morning's results. That way, if I can manage even a slight loss, I might not be tempted to throw myself off the roof.

Okay, so I live in a one-story house and there's plenty of uncut grass to break my fall. What's your point?

I'll hurl myself to the ground, I tell you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, K! My bf is currently following the Mayo clinic online guidelines for weight loss for someone of his height/weight, and man, they are stringent. (Ironic that he's getting weight-loss guidance from something named "mayo," but that's neither here nor there.) He's drastically cut back on carbs and fat, and eats huge amounts of veggies (and to a lesser extent, fruits) now. It's not that hard since it's summer, and we have easy access to the farmers' market, but once winter comes it will be a lot more challenging.
ESM
p.s. I'm sorry if this shows up more than once; I'm having trouble posting it.
p.p.s. That is an awesome bikini, and I want one.

Unknown said...

Great news about heading back to WW. Good on you K.

I don't know much about different types of diets, but I would buy takeaway/fast food about twice a year. I like to eat lots of salads and fruit in summer, and home made vegetable soups etc. in winter. I do have a penchant for chocolate too, and find I crave it when I'm pre menstrual. There must be a hormonal link to that! But I only allow myself to have that maybe twice a week.

Anonymous said...

So glad to read your fun comments again online! I've missed your wit and humor! Best of luck with WW. I look forward to Monday's post.

Anonymous said...

walk me
walk me
please, walk me
- your dogs

Anonymous said...

Love the rainbow flag bikin ... still got it? G