Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day 203: I Love the 80s! (189.8)


Things I love about the '80s:

Ms. Pac-Man, Ordinary People, the introduction of Post-It Notes, the last episode of M*A*S*H, the Mets winning the World Series, Live Aid, jelly bracelets, Baby Jessica being rescued, Dynasty, koosh balls, the US Hockey team beating Russia, Luke & Laura's wedding, the birth of MTV, Ozzy's infamous bat-head bite, Milli Vanilli's Best New Artist Grammy ...

But more than anything, I love the '80s because - as of this morning - it's my new weight class.

That's right, for the first time in forever, I'm back in the 80s. I don't remember the last time I was here (I abandoned all scales during my steady march to heavyweight status), but I sure am glad to be back.

(Side note: I was looking at my legs today as I sat outside, and I've decided they definitely look smaller than they did a month or two ago. This makes me happy.)

Now that I think about it, I definitely prefer the '70s to the '80s (as far as decades go), and I guess that's a good thing, since I hope to be back in the '70s by mid-summer. (It's too early to even start thinking about life in the '60s, but let's just say the term "Summer of Love" has a nice ring to it.)

I'm plagued on a daily basis by the knowledge that I'm behind in the weight-loss goals I've set forth in the blog. I'm well aware that weeks like this one - in which two pounds drop - are way too rare.

Maybe that's why today feels so good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good girl

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic, keep it up! I mean, the 80s are great and all, but c'mon - Reagan? You don't want to be there. ;-)
You can do it!
love,
ESM

Anonymous said...

Beautiful K ... what an achievement, well done, keep it up .. I never thought I'd be thrilled to see less of you ... :)
Grace

Anonymous said...

Your swordfish is excellent. Thank you thank you, it was truly a delicious dinner. From what I can remember through the tequila.

When you make it to my birth year (82) I owe you a salad!

-M