Thursday, April 05, 2007

Day 507: Galapa gone.



I'm off tomorrow for an 11-day vacation with the Marshall Clan. This one's going to be a true adventure - I can just feel it in my bones.

I'm stupid excited to see the kids and Sam and Bill and the Galapagos Islands and Machu Picchu ... and
I'm particularly over the moon at the idea of seeing a Blue Footed Booby. Not only do their feet come in a color nature never wears, they have air sacs on the tops of their heads to protect their brains when they dive bomb for prey and hit the water at 40 mph.

This is a good time for a trip. Except for the food thing, life actually feels fairly balanced (oh yeah - m
y diet is in the toilet. I'm looking forward to a re-dedication upon my return). And even though I haven't been getting to it (another re-dedication on the horizon) I have a good idea for a new book. (Speaking of which, the book is still out to publishers and "being read." I 'm definitely not amused, but I'm not nearly as insane over the wait as you might imagine.) And finally, things are going well with Tea. Very well. I like her.

Alright, then - off to finish packing. See you on Day ... uhm ... oh crap, I don't know.

I knew this counting was going to get difficult if I stopped writing every day. Another re-dedication, maybe?

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Man, I am so jealous. I have always wanted to go to the Galapagos. Have a great time.
ESM

River Driver said...

Even though the dieting isn't going well, just think of the exercise you'll be getting, hiking around through those fabulous places! I'm jealous too! Take loads of pictures. Some of us must live vicariously through others...

Unknown said...

Hope you're having a sensational holiday! I am rather green with envy, especially about going to Machu Picchu - those ruins are amazing.

The lil' blue booby's are v cute too! Will look forward to seeing some holiday snaps!

take care, travel safe..
alex

Anonymous said...

wow! Karen is gonna fall right off the pot wagon when she sees the post from celia!!

Anonymous said...

HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

anybody there?????????

it's, uh, like April 17th.