Thursday, April 27, 2006

Day 155: Skinking Up the Joint.


It's been a long week - and an even longer night - so I'm taking a dive.

I leave you with one of my favorite pictures from the recent trip - I don't know whether to call it "Beauty and the Beast" or "Petal to the Mettle." Samantha was the one who noticed the little creature, and he (she?) was kind enough to remain in place while I got my camera up and running.


It's the tail that really gets me (i.e., creeps me out ...).

Be back tomorrow.


*Note: If you read the comments and are confused, know that the original title of this post was "This is Not an Ad for Geico."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a geico?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pic, K. Terrible titles, but gorgeous pic.
ESM

k. said...

nooooo - she *ditn't* just say that!!

i realize i've made a vow never to respond to comments, but if you're gonna pick on my titles, you should prepare for a rumble, my friend.

so ... you got a better title? huh?

anyone??

Anonymous said...

What kind of plant is that?

k. said...

a pink one?



(i guess today is "comment on comments day" ...)

Anonymous said...

Forget about the titles. That's a GREAT picture, Karen. Send it to me, OK?
Mom

Anonymous said...

skinking up the joint?

k. said...

i'm embarrassed to admit i had to look up the word "skink."

now that i know what it means, i quite like this anonymous suggestion.

SKINK: "Any of numerous smooth shiny lizards of the family Scincidae, having a cylindrical body and small or rudimentary legs and living chiefly in temperate and tropical regions. From the Latin scincus, from Greek skinkos."
(thanks to dictionary.com)

if anyone can top "skinking up the joint" they'll win a very special prize.

Anonymous said...

There's no way I could compete with Skinking up the Joint. Like most critics, I can't presume to do better myself.
That's what I get for bringing my morning snarkiness to your lovely blog.
love,
ESM

Anonymous said...

"Iguana get DOWN!!"
-MK