Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Day 384: Turning 40 Was Never So Good.


I like that I can say "I've lost 40 pounds." It sounds so much better than saying, "I've lost 39 pounds."

I don't know why ... it just does.

Another parent gave me a box of chocolate today ... can you believe it? (I'm tempted to roll out the "fucktard" label, but I won't.)

I went out to my goodbye dinner with George and Jackie tonight. I'm going to miss them both in ways I can't even begin to think about. There were moments during dinner in which I was dangerously close to tears ... but I maintained. Why?


Because (of course) I am not one to be maudlin.

Well, until I think about the fact that I ate and drank 100 points.

Seriously.

But it was a great dinner, and worth every second I'll spend making up for it over the next 6 days (if that's even possible).

I can't believe they're leaving on Friday.

George was supposed to be here forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a lot packed into this short post.
1. Congrats!! 40 lbs is such an impressive amount of weight to lose in a little over a year. You are doing awesome.
2. WTF is up with these people and their chocolate-dipped undermining?!
3. BOO to friends moving away. That sucks royally. I'm of the firm opinion that close friends should never live more than 60 miles away from each other. (Yeah, that hasn't worked out for me so much, given that 4 of my closest friends live 3000 miles away.)
xoxo,
ESM

Anonymous said...

You can do what flips those 100 points into a feel good, right now!

Is what you say "making up for them" what feels good? Why?

What creates the a caloric deficit the quickest? What gives a charge of adrenelin...right at a moment when a "charge" overrides a feel bad...hmmm.

Isn't remembering the essence of that spark of life inside each one of us...

precious...

delicate...

something we choose to value...

the easy place to find what feels good?

And thanks for helping me remember long distance friends...I have one who I've know 38 years. It began when we were 9 years old, she was my german penpal. We've visited a dozen or so times over the years...once for a whole month. Once we went 10 years without seeing each other...

Now she lives in Dubai and because of webcam and the internet 2 weeks ago we began instant messenging and "seeing" each other. We decided to set an exact time every 2 weeks!!!!

Then last Sunday I realized I know a secret...I know every minute of the day whether she is online or not. I instantly felt like saying hello and we had an amazing chat.

I got a tear in my eye to feel the feeling of connection at that moment I see that she is back online. And if I want can chat with her much more than in the lasts 37 years, at a moments notice!!!!! And see her face!!!!!

Yeah, it's cool.

Try it you'll like it.

Anonymous said...

love your work....

Very happy for you!

40 lbs - wooohooooo! (that's a whole nicole richie!)

alex