Friday, December 01, 2006

Day 372: Change Sucks.


Butter's never met a stream of water he didn't want to attack.

I tried not to get all worked up during my walk with George and the dogs today - I tried not to think about the fact that in two weeks, he'll be gone.

I succeeded on the outside, anyway.


George and Jackie (and Butter) have found a place to live up north. Movers have been arranged. Belongings have already started going into boxes. It's definitely happening. They're going.

The walk was also tough because it was the first I've taken with George in 13 years that didn't include Hawk. Denny was there to run up and down the hillsides after his ball (which he lost 10 minutes in), but Hawk's absence was certainly felt.

I know everything will be fine. I know George and I will see each other, that our friendship will survive, that when friends become family, they last forever.

I'm going to miss him something awful.

George earlier today, flanked by Desi, Butter, Sydney, and Callie (the one with all the junk in the trunk).

No comments: