Friday, March 03, 2006

Day 100: Shouldn't There Be a Cake?

Image hosting by Photobucket
Whenever a TV show marks its 100th episode, there's always a cake. This is not a sentimental celebration, of course - it's because 100 episodes is the magic number that means everyone's going to make a shitload of money in syndication.

I can't say as I'm gaining anything monetary by reaching 100 posts, but hey - at least I'm still here. I haven't smoked any pot in 100 days, and I've lost either 18 pounds (if you go by the books) or 22 (if you go by my estimate based on the screwed-up scale).

Either way, I'm clear-headed and one size smaller. I've rediscovered my love of writing and I'm almost done with an official First Draft of a book. I've reconnected with old friends and made a few new ones.

All in all, I'm very pleased I embarked on this experiment.

Thanks for reading ... it's keeping me honest. Only 265 days and 55 pounds (ish) left to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just quite curious. If you have 265 days to go, does that mean you'll smoke pot on day 266?

You've only said you'll quit for a year. Everything seems a little packaged and timed. Maybe you haven't decided yet?

We may never know, I guess. It seems you don't really answer questions here.

Anonymous said...

"Either way, I'm clear-headed and one size smaller."

I'm not so sure about the clear-headed part, but congrats on the smaller size.