Monday, March 05, 2007

Day 476: There Will Always Be Another ...



There will always be another bowl of lobster bisque. There will always be another snickerdoodle, another creme brulee, another eggs florentine, and another Dorito.

This is why I don't need to eat these things now.

When I reach my goal weight, all of these foods - and the many, many others I wish I could eat - will still be in existence. I'll be able to sample them in moderation.

But for now (never start sentences with "But"), it's okay to pass them up.

They're not going anywhere.


They'll all still be there.

(Note: Keep repeating the above sentiments until they finally sink in.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart thinking!

Anonymous said...

By the way, I never understood that rule (about not starting sentences with "But"). It's never seemed to me like it does damage to the flow of good writing. But maybe I'm too much of a philistine to understand.

- anonymous for now, lest everyone judge me. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh, those foods are over rated anyway!

It may be the case, that when you achieve your goal weight, those food items won't have the same appeal as they used to. Well, maybe a cheeky creme brulee!!

alex