Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day 491: Little Plastic People.






I'm especially fond of the hairstyle.

I was never crazy about Barbie dolls. Even when I was a kid, I thought they were stupid. They all looked the same, the girls who played with them were mostly prissy, and on a deeper level, they represented a feminine ideal I somehow knew I could never live up to.

Maybe that's why, when I walked outside yesterday morning and found Sydney gaily tossing Barbie up in the air (she had no doubt come sailing over the neighbor's wall by accident), I merely smiled.

I'll take a beat-up stuffed animal any day.

3 comments:

Middle Girl said...

you and me both.

Andrea said...

how much for the dog?

Anonymous said...

Sydney looks great! Did she get a haircut? You can really see her face now. Such a cutie.
As for Barbie - she was askin' for it.